We Have A Problem, Here.
- Sick of jerks putting people down simply because they like to cosplay, or because they look good (or strange) in a Princess Leia outfit?
- Tired of self-proclaimed authorities on geekery arrogantly telling fans who is or isn’t a “real” or “fake” geek.
- Want to visit a comic shop without having someone questioning your geek credentials, as if there were an international governing authority on the subject fandom and comic trivia?
A Zany Proposal:
What you need to do:
Submit a comic on August 29th or before, then on September 1st post your creation on your comics website that does any of the following:
- Mock self-proclaimed authorities on geekery or fandoms.
- Exposing the concept of “fake geeks” for the stupidity that it is.
- Celebrating the diversity of geekiness, whether it’s people cosplaying, gamers gaming, collectors lavishing over their finds, or any positive depiction of geek cultures.
- Your characters doing geeky things.
For more details visit: http://rasputincatamite.com/2014/08/12/geek-equality-day/